The emerging coronavirus cases in India are sustained and feel like a never-ending situation. Moreover, the shortage of Oxygen is continued to challenge the healthcare industries where they deal with every patient that arrives COVID positive.
The Indian government, showing concern in this matter, has established vaccination centers throughout the country and within all the states to provide Covid vaccine. The registration for the covid vaccine was started on the 28th of April 2021 and the vaccination procedure occurred on May 1 from the evening sets.
However, the Covid vaccine is being shot under a limited daily quantity. Therefore, you need to book yourself and register your family members for the vaccination beforehand.
As per government rule, one must be above 18 years of age to qualify for getting the vaccine shot. A person above 45 years old is restricted. The registration for the covid vaccine is simple and the best part is, you do not need to step outside to get yourself registered for the vaccination.
You can easily register for covid 19 vaccine yourself online from the comfort of your home. You are only required to go outdoors when you have your appointment (with date, time, and place) for the vaccination at booked centers. In this article we are sharing a guide for covid-19 vaccine and will cover everything that you should know.
There are mainly two ways to book an appointment for the covid vaccine and get your shots done.
- Registering for Covid vaccine directly through the website.
- Registering with mobile application
Registering through Co-Win online portal
- To register online via the Co-win, you have to visit Cowin-gov.in website and enter your mobile number. You will be sent One Time Password that you have to enter and verify.
- You will be asked to fill out details, upload your Photo IDs such as Aadhaar or Pan card to complete creating an account.
- Once done, you’ll see a ‘schedule’ button under your name. You’ll get another pop-up button saying “Schedule Now”. This is where you have to browse through available dates and centers to book an appointment for a Covid vaccine.
- You can search by Pin or by the district to find out the available dates and book with most suitable options for you.
Documentation needed for Co-win registration
You must keep the documents required for vaccine registration. Below are the documents that you can use in order to prove your identity and age. You do not need to submit all the documents suggested below. If you have one government-authorized ID, you’re good to go.
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving license
- Pan Card
- Passbooks (issued by bank or post office)
- Mahatma Gandhi Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) card
- Pension documents
- Voter ID
- Health Insurance Smart Card issued by Ministry of Labour
- Official Identity Card (issued to MLAs, MLCs, or MPs)
- Service Identity Card (issued to workers Central, State Government, or Private Limited companies).
Registering for the covid vaccine on the Aarogya Setu app
- Install or download the Aarogya Setu app for Android or iOS devices.
- Next look for the ‘CoWIN’ tab within the application’s home page.
- Now choose the “Vaccination” tab from Vaccine Information, Vaccination, Vaccination Dashboard, Vaccination Certificate, options and click “Register Now”.
- Enter your mobile number and click “proceed to verify”.
- Now enter the OTP sent on your mobile number and hit “proceed to verify” again.
- After verifying the OTP, you will need to fill up your information such as your name and personal details.
- Once done, you can now book an appointment for yourself and your family members.
Alternatively, you can use the Umang app if you’re having any issues with the Aarogya Setu app. If you’re still having problem, you can watch how to register for COVID-19 vaccine on YouTube as well.
Please note that you are limited to add only 4 people who can get vaccinated on the same date.
Online registration for covid vaccination might be easy for one and troublesome for another. But in these difficult times when hospitals and healthcare departments strive to save every patient’s life day and night, you’re required to acknowledge or evaluate the condition profoundly and take every step that you can take to keep yourself and the people around you, safe from the deadly virus.